Risk from small amount of blood on glass "Trying to have a baby please help."

Can ARS symptoms appear 0n the tenth day after exposure. I was at a bar and a girl I had just met sat with my group. After shaking her hand and having her hand down drinks from her side of the bar to mine she noticed she had cut her hand from a glass she broke earlier.Her blood had gone on the floor.I checked my hands for blood and I saw none and I had no cuts on my hands,but I just dont know.On the 10th day I got slight chills followed by 2 red bumps under each side of my eyes. 1 week and 4 days later I still have had alot of chills with nausia and some night sweats.It doesn't look very good. I know the forum says ars vary and they occur 2 to 3 weeks after but is 10 days after possable? Should I be concerned more about Hep C?? Please help as my wife and I are trying to have a baby and I told her I should wait after 3 months.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There is no risk from the situation you describe. There would have to be a substantial amount of HIV+ blood (there wasn't) and a good way for it to get into your body (there wasn't). There also was no risk for Hepatitis C.

As for what you're feeling physically, that does sound real. But it may that stress over this event is coming up in how you feel. Remember, if wake up thinking about this, check around your body for new signs of something throughout the day, and go to sleeping thinking about this.. that's not a regular amount of curiosity.. that's flat out stress. Most people would be surprised of the effect that constant stress has on the body.

As my colleague Lisa said in her recent response to a question: "Yes move on from this. If you find that you can't, it wouldn't be a bad idea to find a doctor/therapist/counselor to talk to. Good luck and take care."

Hope this helps!

Erik

PEP and Efavirenz Side Effects
"landlord/ tenant disclosure laws in california" around HIV