PEP and Efavirenz Side Effects

On 5 January I was prescribed PEP in Thailand (Combivir and Efavirenz). Two weeks later in UK I was getting mental side effects (bad dreams, sleep disturbance, anxiety) and was switched to Lopinavir and Tenofovir which I have no side effects from. However, 10 days after stopping the previous regime I still wake several times a night with nightmares that wake me up and racing heart and sometimes sweating. I'm getting really worried now that this may be a permanent side effect. Is it possible that side effects could become permanent after two weeks of a treatment or will these fade? If so when should they stop? I do have history of anxiety/depression and should probably not have taken that drug. Sam

The symptoms you experienced early on were almost certainly due to efavirenz. It can take time for that drug to get out of your system and be assured the side effects are not permanent. I bet within a week or so they will be gone. DW

Worried is an understatement
Risk from small amount of blood on glass "Trying to have a baby please help."