friends dying with hiv neg

A friend of mine had sex with a hooker condom broke about 5 years ago; a week or so later after the incident, he started to have a fever then followed by other symptoms. He freaked out and went to have hiv test several times, the last time was about 1 year post exposure still negative. He recently admitted to the hospital for breathing problem and lost alot of pounds; he looks very thin and very ill due to his diahrea. i don't think he can't make to his 28 birthday which is coming up in few months. i feel really bad for him coz i showed him that hooker place and he is dying. can you tell me whats wrong with him? what need to be tested for? please please....

OF course, I can not tell you why your friend is sick or if it has anything at all to do with the exposure you describe. They may well not be related at all. HIV tests are excellent at detecting evidence of infection. His doctors can test him now for HIV as he may have had other exposures. He also may not have an infectious disease. Hopefully they will figure it out and you can share the results with us. DW

Please help me.
did hiv+ person will gain weight