is 35 days enough time?

Hello, I tested about 5 1/2 weeks post possible exposure. I was negative. My "exposure" was that I received unprotected oral sex and I engaged in french kissing, not knowing until later that I had a cut on my gum. Not sure if this was even a risk. Just want to make sure that I protect the person that I'm with. Thank you!

Hi, The standard for testing for rapid HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90 days. Oral Sex does carry the least risk and having be on the receiving end decreases the risk even more and you cannot get HIV from kissing. To be sure I would continue on your testing schedule and get tested at the 90 day mark to give yourself peace of mind. Basically saying that is HIV transmission possible yes, probable no.

Hope this helps. Be well and stay safe. Shannon

Results of multiple HIV tests "Question"
Dr Wohl , please explain this case.