Conflicting opinions?

Dr. Lisa Hightow-Weidman you answered me yesterday about the fact that hiv dies imeddiately after leaving the human body. Mr. Glenn claimed in another answer that ""Once HIV leaves the body it immediately starts to die"". Is it right? Could we be sure that something like that is valid? Thank you for answering me. You are so kind.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there,

I think the answer you are referring to is when I said, "HIV does not live for very long outside of a human host but I am not aware of any research that says it only lives for a split second"

This is correct and I don't think differs from what Mr Glen said.

HIV is fragile by nature and is also extremely sensitive to even small fluctuations in temperature and the presence of oxygen. Outside of the body, HIV will only survive for a couple of minutes at the very most. So it starts to die immediately

Hope this helps

Take care,

LHW

Risk from contaminated (?) water in eye
HIV risk from small cut at base of penis "Extremely Worried - Please Help!"