HIV/STD risk "Transmission through biting"

I was having sex when I was bitten by my partner. It barely drew blood but it got me worried that they may be some risk of exposure to HIV/other STD's. Do I need to follow this up in your opinion. Thanks

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for the question,

Doesn't sound like there was risk from the biting part of your sex. For HIV at least, we need HIV positive body fluid to come out of one person and go directly/immediately into the body of another person. For one, it sounds like the bite wasn't really enough to pierce your skin and create a sufficient opening into your body (remember, the skin is generally pretty strong). For another, the only thing that could come out of someone's mouth to infect is blood (which usually isn't hanging out in substantial quantities in the mouth).

We can use this logic for other STDs too.. this bite doesn't sound that big of a deal.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Risk of getting Herpes, HPV, or HIV from casual contact "oral hsv-2 / mixed hpv / big soup"
HIV risk from dry blood "Intravenous cannula dressing"