HIV risk from oral sex when you have Herpes, "Herpes via oral sex"
Jan 25, 2012
I (male) got herpes 1 and 2 via having oral with a pro. Used a condom during oral too. Did not continue any other sex. What are the chances of infecting with HIV?
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for the question,
Doesn't sounds like you were at risk for HIV from what you're describing. Having herpes only makes a difference if you have open sores. These open sores end up being a way for HIV to get in the body.
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Early Symptoms And Acute Bronchitis
- Hiv Symptoms 8 Weeks After Exposure
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What Is The Progression Of Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Short-term Effects Of Syphilis?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.