Risk of HIV and Hep B "Protected sex but bloody condom"

I hope you can help. I had sex with a Thai sex worker 7 days ago. The sex was protected and 2 condoms were used (they didnt break but she took one off as thought we had finished) another one was put on and again didn't break.

In the morning I realised the condoms had heavy blood on them, ( her blood) and I've been pretty much freaking out ever since. I had a sebacious cyst removed 2 months ago from the base of my base in the pubic region. The wound is dry and skinned over with a concave wound(maybe not fully healed?)

I went to the hospital and started pep after 24 hours. I have two questions really please

1. What are the chances of an infection of HIV? 2. I realise I am not hep b immune. I visited a doctor as now in Vietnam and they do not have hep b globulin. I return to Thailand where I can get it next week(13 days) after event. Is this to late or still recommended?

As a background to my sexual history, I have t had many partners (6) all relationships and I'm a 30 year old male.

I sime cannot believe I have done something do stupid while drunk, as have never engaged with sex workers before

Thanks

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for the question,

Sounds like you didn't have any risk for HIV from this sexual episode.

Even though you were drunk and it was your first time with a sex worker, you used condoms during penetration. This is really key because despite all the blood, there wasn't a way for it to get inside your penis. You used condoms and they didn't break. Just hearing that tells us what we need to know.

I can understand your anxiety though, you're just trying to ensure the health of you and your former/current/future sex partners.

There is a temptation in situations like these to freak out, but sounds like you did what you needed to do to have safe sex.

Remember HIV is a very fragile virus. It is only able to transmit between people under certain circumstances.

As for Hepatitis B Vaccination, it's always a good idea to get it done if you can. That's advice for everyone! The ways to get HIV are the same for Hepatitis B, so in this case sounds like you didn't have risk for that either.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Semen in mouth (not really oral sex)
Advisable to abstain from sex 3 months after risk? "window period"