Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Condom Broke with a hooker
Jan 23, 2012

Hello doctor, Thanks for providing a useful forum , I am 29 yrs old Male, Nearly seven weeks before(03/dec/2011) i had protected vaginal sex with a hooker in Africa (Nairobi, Kenya) and was the first time i ever do sex , and my condom broke in the middle of the action, she recognized and informed me and i suddenly pulled out (hardly my penis was exposed less then 30 seconds without condom), after that I washed my penis with soft soap and didnt proceed further. 1.After two weeks of exposure I tested for hiv 1 and 2 serum test and it came negative (came back to India and did this test), 2.After third week i got severe cold (is it my first syptom?) 3.At the 4 week I tested ELISA forth generation test and it is also negative along with that i did for all other STD's also and all are negative and VDRL is non-reactive. 4.After 6 weeks of exposure I got throat infection which was very severe which made me to spit phlegm with blood and lasted for more then 10 days until i took a powerful antibiotic (a week before throat infection I started back my somking habbit after 2 months of gap) 5.Agian after 6 weeks(13/jan/2012) I took HIV 1 and 2 serum test ECLIA method got a negative result with a count of 0.372 , but still my doctor asks me to wait for 3 months , I am so worried and I am not able to do my day today activities .

1.Is there a conclusive hiv test to skip this three months window period ? 2.I am from India If possible where can i do that test? spending the window period is like passing through a hell. 3.Is that severe throat infection,mild swollen lymph nodes and cold are the syptoms of HIv ? 4.What is the percentage for me to get HIV through broken condom vaginal sex.

Please help me.

Thanks and Regards Vino

23jan2012

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be to concerned. The amount of time that you were inside of your partner unprotected was very brief. It's unlikely that transmission would have occurred in such a short amount of time.

Only the three month test will give you a conclusive negative result. I am confident that transmission did not occur during this incident. The symptoms you described are not HIV related. If they continue, you should consult a doctor, to rule out other possible causes.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Dr. Lisa Please Help!!
Next
hello richard cordoba Risk evaluation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.