Dr. Wohl, anyone .....A few Questions

Hi

Quick questions:

What are the risks associated with giving rimming? I have read on other online sites that if there isn't blood, the risk for HIV would not be there. What are your thoughts?

Oral sex, is oral sex really low risk? In terms of giving oral to a man, with no ejaculation (but precum I guess), is this really very low risk? I have read so many conflicting answers.

Protected Anal: If a condom is worn by a top, no breakage, worn from start to finish...is that really safe? I just read online an answer from a doctor who said it only diminishes the risk, but the risk is still very much there.

Sorry for the questions, just reading online I have so many conflicting answers. I practice safe sex, but hearing varying answers concerns me. I always wear a condom for anal...have yet to have one break...never allow someone to cum in my mouth when giving oral...and I always thought rimming was safe for HIV (but not others)...can you clarify?

Thank you.

Not sure where you are getting some of the info you received. Let's take these one by one:

Rimming: Not near the top of the list of actions that can transmit HIV. Saliva just does not transmit the virus and the mouth is not a hospitable place for HIV.

Oral sex: Is it absolutely, 100% impossible to get HIV from giving an HIV+ man a blow job? I can not say that, but the risk would have to be in the range of 1 in tens of thousands (if not rarer). As above, this is just not the right combination needed for infection: lots of virus and a welcoming place where cells receptive to HIV are located.

Protected anal: You are covered. This is really safe when condoms are used correctly and there is no break that spills semen.

It sounds like you are being careful. Not everyone is and those who are not really are risk for acquiring HIV and other sexually transmitted infections. DW

HIV from laundry
touching foreplay