Jan 22, 2012
Sir, can sore throat lasting for more than a week after 25 weeks of unprotected sex (all tests -ve) be a symptom of hiv?
Response from Mr. Cordova
No. A sore throat lasting for more than a week is not a sign of HIV infection. The only thing that will tell you whether or not you acquired HIV, is an HIV test at the 90 day window. Using a condom during each act of penetrative sex, is the best way to protect yourself from HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- Type Of Doctor That Treats Gonorrhea
- Timeline Of Herpes Transmission
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used For Warts With Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.