Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Insertive Oral Sex
Jan 22, 2012

I received oral sex from a guy on 11 Jan (whom i now suspect he might be HIV+), his saliva remained underneath my foreskin for about an hour or so until i went to the bathroom to wash it.Then I realized there were some seemingly abrasion near the tip of my penis opening as the spot looks redder than other area. I started to have a short bout of fever on 16th and 20th Jan which subsided within hours without medication. However on 21st Jan, i felt feverish again and the fever subsided in the night without medication (though my heart beat was racing throughout the night). Are these symptoms of HIV infection ? What are my risk of catching HIV ?

Ray

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, Ray:

I would not be concerned, nothing you described sounds like it is HIV related. In addition, there are only four fluids that can transmit the virus. They are blood, semen including precum, vaginal secretions, and breast milk. Saliva can not transit the virus. Oral sex, giving or receiving, has been, and remains a low-risk activity. I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Feel guilty and anxiety
Next
Richard Cordova

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.