Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

AHH! Can I get SYPHILIS from UNCLEAN MASTURBATING ?!!
Jan 22, 2012

Hi doctor I've been worried for months , so a few months ago I used and object to masturbate I re used it and FORGOT TO WASH IT?! I used it again and again Can I get Syphilis this way?? Is it possible for it to be infected with the virus if I let it sit there for hours or days ? If not what would it be infected with ? What bacterial infection could I get ? Please list. So is it possible for Syphilis to infect my object from treponema palladium floating in the air ? ( what bacteria would I infect myself with if not Syphilis ? I've also masturbated on my periods) I masturbated when not on my period and didn't wash it after ( I know I was an idiot ) so bassically what im worried about is if the object i used tht was siting my draw grew the syphilis bacteruim on it and then I gave It too myself by not washing it and re using it over and over is that possible?! btw I ve also masturbated with my HANDS UNCLEAN after a day of school, at the shops, at home, can the bacterium be on my hands then I touched myself and get syphilis, I heard it can live for hours on surfaces :/

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You cannot give yourself Syphilis. The bacteria is transmitted via skin-to-skin contact with someone infected who is in the primary or secondary stage. You must come into contact with either the chancre (primary) or the body rash (secondary).

Your unclean hands would not be a factor either. I would however advise you to wash your hands and any objects that you use for masturbation. The vagina, while mighty enough to give birth, is also a very delicately balanced ecosystem of bacteria. Introducing bacteria from an unclean object can upset this balance. I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Incomplete anal intercourse with condom - testing?
Next
Bllood in mouth /PLEASE HELP ME

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.