Incomplete anal intercourse with condom - testing?

Dear experts: I went to get a massage from a male masseur. After that he proceeded to masturbate me. I am 30. I am at the point in life when I am just discovering my sexuality. The masseur became very excited and offered to be my first. He put a condom on and proceeded to rub his penis on my anus. Then he inserted it slowly, only couple of inches. I was unable to tolerate the intercourse. We tried for 7 minutes and then aborted. He never ejuculated. My question is what is the risk of acquisition of HIV in my circumstance - incomplete protected anal intercourse? Is teating warranted? During the encounter the masseur exhibited what seemed to be safer behavior: showering, hand washing, no contact with my ejaculate. He assure me that he getting tested everything 3 month, doesn't kiss or performs unprotected anal or oral sex. I am skeptical, however want to believe him. I am afraid, please respond.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

First, congratulations on discovering your sexuality. What an exciting (and sometimes scary) place to be! Using a condom for anal sex is the best way to protect yourself form HIV. Washing his hands or showering had no impact on the risk level of the situation. Not ejaculating would have lowered the risk, if the condom had broken, but it didn't. In this case that too is unimportant.

You do not need to test for this incident in particular. However, HIV testing should be done every six months as part of a routine health screening for all STD's. You can get these done at your primary physician's office or at a local clinic. You can visit http://www.hivtest.org/ to find testing facilities in your area.

I would also encourage you to check out the Prevention section on TheBody.com. It's a wealth of information, and will help you as you navigate through your newfound sexuality.

Bottom line: Safer sex was practiced during this incident, and you should not be concerned. However, going forward, you need to be informed and should know your limits. Use a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex. Oral sex is a low-risk activity. It's up to you whether or not you want to use a condom. To lessen the risk even more, avoid brushing or flossing your teeth two hours prior to oral sex.

I hope this helps and good luck!

In health,

Richard

Risk from casual contact with HIV positive friend "very scared need your help"
AHH! Can I get SYPHILIS from UNCLEAN MASTURBATING ?!!