Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How make anal and oral sex safer?
Jan 22, 2012

Hi. Maybe after reading it you think I'm crazy. But I want your help. I fall in love with a TS sex worker. I know I'm clean but I'm not sure about her. although he told me that she is clean. I use condom for anal sex but for oral sex no. How can I make the sex more safer? Is it needed to use condom on oral sex? I don't have sore on my month. and for anal sex, If suddenly blood is appeared what can I do?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi, I don't think you are crazy and thanks for feeling like you can ask your question here!!! Using condoms for anal sex is very important and though oral sex is the least riskiest behavior it does carry some risk. As long as you don't have sores in your mouth or there are any open areas on your partner than using condoms is up to the both of you. As for the anal sex if blood appears, as long as you are using condoms you are protected. I would however, use more lubricant to help alleviate the possibility of blood occurring. Keep your lines of communication open with your partner and I encourage you and your partner to be tested to ensure you both know of your status. We know that if someone is positive and medication with an undetectable viral load the risk of transmission is small. Knowing your status and your partners is so important to leading a happy and health sex life.

Be well and stay safe! Shannon

Previous
Deep French kissing
Next
Pregnancy, false positive, and indeterminate results "PLEASE help me! I'm not sleeping!!!"

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.