can i get hiv
Jan 22, 2012
i had protected sex with condoms yesterday and after sex while removing condoms i had jus cleaned the base of condom with a towel bt by mistake after removing condom i cleaned my penis with same towel. can i get hiv from this act
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi, Good for you for using condoms!!! Once HIV leaves the body it dies within minutes. What you describe doesn't pose a risk. There has to be a direct exchange of body fluid and this fluid to enter into your body, cleaning yourself and if you didn't have any open sores on your penis then you are fine.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Sex Prostitute Recommend Pep
- What Things Cause A False-positive HIV Test Result?
- Who's More In Risk Receiving Or Giving Anal Sex?
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
- Healthy Foods For Hiv People To Increase The Cd4 Cells
- Tested Negative For Hiv Still Scared
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.