can i get hiv
Jan 22, 2012
i had protected sex with condoms yesterday and after sex while removing condoms i had jus cleaned the base of condom with a towel bt by mistake after removing condom i cleaned my penis with same towel. can i get hiv from this act
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi, Good for you for using condoms!!! Once HIV leaves the body it dies within minutes. What you describe doesn't pose a risk. There has to be a direct exchange of body fluid and this fluid to enter into your body, cleaning yourself and if you didn't have any open sores on your penis then you are fine.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Type Of Headache Do You Get With Acute Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv On The First Time You Have Sex With An Infected Person?
- Would Hpv Show Up In A Blood Test
- Will Genital Warts Ever Completely Go Away?
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.