The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

safe sex question

Jan 20, 2012


i went to a massage parlour last week, the girl gave me a massage and after we had protected vaginal sex.

the vaginal sex didnt last more than 5 minutes.

and after i check the condom if it s broken or not and couldnt find the way i am circumsized

But i have a couple of questions...

1-i read online that oil based lubricants can damage the condom, as the girl gave me a massage her hands were full of lube and she put the condom on me.but i brought the condom and it was durex.

2-My second question is i had some acnes or warts on my penis that day which was not covered by the condom because it was at the bottom.

Do you think i might be at risk and should i get tested?

if i get tested since i am freaking out can i get tested in 25 days to get an idea,i am kinda worried.if you can answer, i will appreciate ,thank you very much.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

It is true. Oil-based lubricants can damage the condom and make the possibility of them breaking more likely. In this case, the condom did not break, so you were OK. Going forward be sure to only use water-based lubricants with condoms.

Unless the warts and acne were bleeding profusely, I would not be concerned. It doesn't sound like you need a test, but if you are still worried, a 25 day test will give you a good indicator of what your result will be at the three month mark, but you must do a three month test to be sure.

In health,


How Much Risk!?
Confused-Scared-in need of help

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint