Blood on hand/toilet paper

Hi there-

I was in a restaurant bathroom in Italy recently-very nice, very small place and very clean otherwise-and there was some blood on the toilet seat. I needed to go, so I wiped it off with plenty of toilet paper. I didn't worry about it at the time as I was pretty sure 1) I didn't get any on my hands in the first place and 2) I didn't have any open wounds-my hands were pretty chapped and sore from the cold but I had a good look and didn't see any bleeding.

Afterwards I started to worry though that I could have gotten a tiny amount of blood on my hands I didn't notice, then perhaps gotten it on the fresh toilet paper I used to wipe myself. Again, I didn't see any blood on my hands or the paper. The blood wasn't dry-most of it was under the seat so I guess harder to dry- but no-one was in the bathroom or leaving it right before me so I guess it had been there for at least a few minutes. Do you think there is any risk if had gotten a small amount of blood on my hand, then transferred it to the fresh toilet paper I used to wipe myself with?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

HIV is not transmitted this way. The virus does not live well outside the body and needs direct access to your bloodstream for transmission to occur. You were not at risk.

In health,

Richard

Clarification about non intact skin
harry