HIV combo test
Jan 18, 2012
Dr. Wohl, I had a condom break during vaginal sex with a CSW. How accurate is a combination of a HIV RNA PCR test with a 3rd generation HIV antibody test at 4 weeks? What single test do you refer in the future to put this completely behind me?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Testing negative at 3 weeks with a viral load (HIV RNA PCR) and an antibody test at 4 weeks spells not infected to me. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like When They First Appear?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Brain
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia After Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.