Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

may be this is not the right place to ask, still asking because i am very alone
Jan 17, 2012

hello doctor, as i said in the title of my mail : might be this is not the very right place to ask still asking u for help because i dont know the right place for my question in this forum.. i am recently diagnosed with HIV and feeling very lonely. i dont want to put any HIV negative girl at risk. i am looking for a girl with HIV who can understand me and who doesnt have to fear of getting infected at any point of time. so this is my kind request to you to send me links of websites for positive people where i can find a like minded sweet woman to love and hopefully to have a very nice married life in future with the princess and to have healthy kids with her. please take my question into consideration even if it is not a right place to ask. kind regards, lonely positive.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there-

I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling so lonely. I routinely talk with patients who are newly diagnosed with HIV and I can tell you with 100% confidence that 1) you are NOT alone and 2) your life will go on and love will happen. This website has an entire section devoted to people JUST LIKE YOU who are newly diagnosed (http://www.thebody.com/content/49985/just-diagnosed-with-hiv-aids.html). This section provides lots of links to other resources. I would also strongly encourage you to talk with your HIV provider (and if you don't have one---get one!). They can direct you to local resources and support groups. Finally, just because you are infected does not mean you have to only have HIV positive partners. If you chose to that is fine, but I have many patients in relationships with uninfected partners and there are many ways to prevent transmission, have children and live a long and happy life together. Please take care and find someone to talk to about this, I promise it will get better.

Take care,

LHW

Previous
HIV and hairdresser
Next
ATRIPLA POTENCY

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.