|HIV and hairdresser
Jan 17, 2012
My hairdresser has dermatitis on hands and I've got a very fragile skin. If her injuries bleed on my head which might be bleeding as well due to chemical treatments, could that be a possibile way of HIV transmission? Thanks for your answer
| Response from Dr. Wohl
No. Her blood would have to be a) teeming with HIV, b) copious, c) come in contact with large opening in your scalp. I think all she can give you is a shampoo and a cut. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Genital Herpes?
- What Are Shingles And What Do They Look Like?
- Vitamin B Complex To Help Hpv
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- Risk Of Transmitting Hpv Through Kissing
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.