Testing negitive but have primary HIV symptoms

Hello Dr. Wohl,

I had sex with a female CSW in SE Asia that was protected (penis/vagina insertive) to start with but the condom blew a tire and in the heat of the moment we kept at it for at lease another 5 minutes until I came to my senses and stop all sex.

From the 2nd week to the 10th week I had various types of primary HIV symptoms including a folliculitis rash on my back that does not want to go away. But never had fever or lymph nodes swell.

When I made it back to the USA I went to and a HIV outreach task force clinc that did not want to give me any HIV ab test, but gave me a HIV RNA PCR VL test since I had symptoms but was still in the so called window period. My viral load test came back HIV RNA non-detectable <20 copies mL. The clinc then told me to come back at post 90 days from exposure to do a HIV ab test, which I did a an OraQuick Advance Rapid HIV 1/2 oral fluid test at 92 days that was negitive. Then the clinc told me to come back at 115 days post exposure, which I did and retested negitive with the same type of oral fluid test.

Now the clinc has told me to come back at the 180 post exposeure to re-test. When I asked why they stated since I had an unprotected exposure that I need to test out to 180 days post.

In you point of view and experience as an HIV medical professional do you think my negitive results are conclusive are to I need to actually test out to 180 days? Currently I am at the 120 day mark and really stressed that I have to take a 4th test do to this exposure in SE Asia. Would it make sence just for me to got to my family doctor and tell her to test me with a Fouth Generation HIV test just to get this waiting priod and gussing game out of my way and not wait another two months to retest?

I would like to thank "The Body" and yourself for the great free services that is provided to all of us that visits this well ran web site for the people with HIV concerns and for the people who have HIV.

You are right. You have been tested enough. You are HIV negative. DW

Symptoms and tests
help me please