fear of HIV!

Hi Doctor,

I had sex with a prostitute two months ago. I kissed her (French Kiss). I used condom and our sex takes around 30 minutes. by the way there was no ejaculation (maybe because I was drunk!).

Unfortunately, I found out there is a sore on my gingiva when I went to dentist a week after my sex. is it possible that virus could transmit from mouth cause of french kissing?

These days I have fever and I got angina vincent? is there any relation between angina vincent and HIV? I always worry that I've got HIV! PLEASE HELP ME.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be concerned. French kissing remains a very low-risk activity. True, the gingivitis in your mouth would increase the risk, but her blood would have to be present in her mouth in a large enough quantity to cause infection, and it would have to find it's way into your bloodstream. It's possible, but not probable. The condom you used protected you during the incident of vaginal sex. I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

Blood at work
oral sex