Blood at work

Greetings,

I am a college student and I am currently working at a fast-food restaurant part-time. Tonight, I was pretty unlucky and cut myself twice by accident during work. First, it was the food cabinet's door that gave me a cut on my arm as I was in a hurry to complete an order.

A few hours later, I cut myself again on my finger with some sandwich wrapping paper. I ended up with 2 band-aids on me that night. Pretty embarrassing..

My question is: "Any risk of HIV transmission?" I am dealing with open cuts here and I am really scared.

Thanks for reading my question! Regards

Hi, The chances of just cutting yourself does not pose a risk for HIV transmission. You need to have direct exchange of body fluid with someone who has HIV in order to put yourself at risk.

I feel confident telling you that you have no need to worry.

Stay safe and be well, Shannon

Risk of oral sex from HIV
fear of HIV!