|Risk of oral sex from HIV
Jan 16, 2012
I had done ELISA IV gen (antibody + p24) after 28 days unprotected oral sex and result was non reactive. I know 3months test is conculisive. But just want to know the accuracy rate of the rest. How much I can relay on this test. Plz advise me
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi, The standards for HIV testing whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90 days. These test are very accurate. Oral sex carries the lowest risk of transmission. It is good that you are getting yourself tested and recommend that you get the 90 day test for your reassurance.
Stay safe and be well, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- How Effective Are Swabs When Testing For An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.