HIV Anxiety and Symptoms

Hello, I am a 26 year old African American female. For the past six to 8 months I have lived in total fear that I have the HIV virus. My last risky encounter was on the 25th of November.... I had unprotected sex with a man of unknown status. Since then I have been having a generally ill feeling that comes and goes.... no fever and no swollen glands but I do have aches and pelvic pain although it is not my period. In the last two weeks I have had severe chest pains which my doctor diagnosed as Pleurisy. Is there an HIV test I can take that will be accurate sooner than 90 days??? Is Pleurisy and pelvic cramps a sign of HIV?? Or is it just stress??

Hi, I hear from your question that you know that you put yourself at risk for HIV, but you also put yourself at risk for other STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections). You should have a full STI screening to ensure that there is nothing else going on. Pleurisy is not a side effect of HIV. Pelvic pain can be a side effect of a STI such as Pelvic Inflammatory Disease or other STI. Stress and anxiety can also have side effects. So your best bet is to follow up with your Health Care Provider. The standard for testing for rapid HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90.

Be well and stay safe. Shannon

HIV Testing
isoprinosine and elisa test