PLEASE HELP ME DR. CORDOVA

Dear Dr. Cordova: I am extremely concerned about a woman to woman encounter I had about 2 and a half years ago. Oral only, gave and received. I later found out that she has a very active sexual life with both women and men. I think I flossed that day and may have had some open areas in my mouth but I am not sure. I have had shingles since (twice), and I think I now have a yeast infection. I may have had 2 or 3 other yeast infections in the past 2 years but treated them with monistat and they went away. I am battling depression too. Could all of this mean I have HIV? I am freaking out. I have been under a lot of stress in the past 3 years and I haven't slept in the past 2 weeks just thinking about this. I am hoping that what I am experiencing now could be because of the anxiety I am having. Can you please answer me? I can't sleep, I can't function. I am a mess Dr. I beg you for your help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Oral sex has been and remains a low-risk activity. Nothing you described makes me think you have HIV. However, a rapid HIV test can give you the answer you are looking for.

In health,

Richard

Genital fluids on fresh open cut from dried chapped hands
Insertive oral sex