post cum

Dear Doctor- I might have thrown my whole life and family away . I am so scared that I cannot sleep or eat much. I gave unprotected oral sex for approx 1 minute to a semi-flacid gay male. HIV status unknown but he told me he tested negative recently , but he's likely promiscuous. No ejaculation, but I don't know if there was precum and he did cum and a hour later I preformed oral on him again so I dont know if he had some leftover. I am deeply worried about having given him fellatio for 1 minute, despite the low probability of transmission. I am worried about the risk factors that a) he is promiscuous and gay, b) i had bleeding gums ) there may have been precum/ postcum.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Thanks for writing in. Even with your bleeding gums, the limited amount of time you spent performing oral sex on this individual and the lack of ejaculation makes me feel this is a very low-risk scenario for you.

Regardless of his (and your) sexual orientation, oral sex remains a low-risk activity. If you need peace of mind, an HIV test at the three month mark will give you the answer you are looking for.

In health,

Richard

Wound, soap and hiv
Reminder for previous question