How long can HIV in vaginal fluid stay alive outside the body on your fingers?

I would to ask you if someone has touched small quantity of HIV+ vaginal fluid and after a while his fingers have dried out, is it considered for HIV to be dead? How long could stay alive outside the body?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

As this is a hypothetical situation let me address all the pieces going on here.

Once fluid carrying HIV dries, the HIV in that fluid is absolutely dead. HIV can't live outside the body, so once it's in the open air it begins to die very quickly.

As a side note, IF there was HIV+ vaginal fluid on someone's finger it would only pose a risk of infecting another person IF that other person had excessive open cuts on their finger and IF there was a lot of the vaginal fluid. When we have so many "IFs" the chance of this being risky is basically not there.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Blood possibly on toilet paper
Hello shannon can you help me? thanks