First gay sex was unprotected..Am I HIV positive?

I'm an 18 year old young man. I had my first ever sexual experience with a guy who has had multiple partners in the past and was tested last month for HIV and was fine. But after having sex I asked more questions and he told me that earlier this month he had unprotected sex with one guy. He also ejaculated inside of me but I went straight to the bathroom. Its been 3 days since then and I haven't experienced any symptoms or anything but am scared out of my mind. Should I get tested right now? Or wait???

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for the question,

First off, unfortunately your risk was high for HIV and other STDs. It is VERY important to make sure you and your partners use condoms every time you have sex, especially if you are the bottom during anal sex. This is one of the riskiest positions to be in when sex is unprotected.

It's only been a few days so it's understandable that you're scared, anyone would feel that way when they have unanswered questions. Let's go through some basics to help you ensure your health going forward.

It's important for ALL sexually active people to get tested regularly. But because we know when your risk was, you should wait 3 months from that time to be tested for all STDs. I know how that must sound, but this is how you get that definitive answer you're looking for. In the meantime, sounds like a good time to stock up on condoms and water-based lube. Try to always have these on hand when you feel like sex will happen.

There are many ways to protect yourself during sex, condoms are the biggest of these ways! Make sure you and partner wear condoms every time.

Good for you for asking questions of your sex partner, but these need to happen BEFORE sex! Remember that during consensual sex you have every right to ask questions of your sex partners like "when was the last time you were tested?" and "what was the result?" If they don't give you the answer you're looking for you don't need to have sex with them. It can help to find other people to talk to openly and honestly about sex, whether that's friends or a local club (use google to find something local and make some phone calls!). I want you to understand though "risk" just means possibility, it'll take some time until we know your status definitely.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Frotting and risk, Please answer
Is my question too serious to get a response?