Serious question - not about catching HIV in the supermarket

Greetings to The Body - you guys are an icon in this field, it's the best word I can think of.

Can I please have a response to a question I have posed a few times but no response.I appreciate your consideration because I live and work in a Middle Eastern country that is not my home country and where HIV is not tolerated and there are no medical resources to query.

I had a negative test on a Biolytical Insti test in the UK last month, 4 months after brief unprotected insertive vaginal sex with a sex-worker of unknown status in the Far East, and 18 months after another such exposure but that time was arguably riskier as I had a recently-healed herpes site on my penis.

The Dr. at the clinic told me I can "take the result to the bank" given the accuracy of the test, the timeframe of testing and the nature of my exposure.

I can't find much on the Biolytical test other than what's on their website, not much on the Body which is my go-to. It says "FDA approved" - does that mean it is fine?

I realise my question is probably anxiety-related but due to the limited opportunities to test or enquire (I had to wait for a business trip to do my test) - I would really appreciate a response

Many thanks

Hi First, thank you for your kind words. We are glad to be here to help and answer questions. Your doctor is correct you can take it to the bank. Here is the standards for testing: Rapid HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90. However, when someone has had a known exposure to someone with HIV or you are not sure of that persons status, you could perform a six month test, just to be extra cautious.

Be well and safe, Shannon

Aids
Pos and Want to get married to a neg lady in March