POSITIVE HIV 1 ANTIBODY TEST BUT NO RNA FOUND IN PCR TEST

DEAR Dr., MY TEST IS POSITIVE FOR HIV 1 ANTIBODY BUT NO RNA FOUND IN PCR TEST (USING REAL TIME PCR COBAS AMPLIPREP & TAQMAN). DOES IT MEAN THAT I AM HIV NEGATIVE? AND CAN I MARRY A LADY WHO IS HIV NEGATIVE.

Hi, From what I understand from your question is that you have tested HIV positive and your viral load is undetectable. Being undetectable is a good place to be. If you are in care and on treatment this is where we want folks to get having an undetectable viral load. The HIV test is detecting whether or not your body has developed antibodies against HIV and the Viral load is looking to see how much virus is in your system.

Yes you can marry an HIV negative lady, personally I'm positive and my husband is negative. It is important to disclose your status to your partner and to ensure that you are using protection.

My biggest thing to tell people after they find out that they HIV that there is life after diagnosis and how you decide to live your life is very important. Staying healthy, seeing your Health Care Provider and staying on your medication is a huge aspect of that.

Be well and safe, Shannon

re: gold compound
Vitamis addict?