Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

stab during travelling in taxi
Jan 11, 2012

Hello doctor,I am 23 male(Indian),currently in Liberia.I and my friend were travelling in a taxi(mid august 2011).There were 4 people including me at the back seat of taxi.I felt uncomfortable,because it was too tight.A lady was sitting on my side.On the way that lady began to use abusive language against me that i was harassing her but i didn't do anything.When i reached home i got a feeling that she stabbed me with syringe or something(i don't know she stabbed or not).In mid of November i got malaria(+1),before a that a few days back when i looked in my mouth i saw one vein(from the part of wisdom tooth to the side of lips)became white & bulged.My wisdom tooth was coming out then.When i search internet it was written that it is symptom of AIDS.I have fatigue,nose block,sometimes chest congestion,yellow colour to urine. Last week I did exercises,I was able to do 70 push ups,70 stomach crunches,105 sit ups and 35 leg curls.I felt better.But still i think i have some problem. Doctor,didn't have sex,drugs or such things in my life time.I am affraid to take test.Is there any problem in taking these medicine without testing.Without medicine how long i live.Please help me

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi, Sounds like a rough taxi ride. I have never heard of a symptom of AIDS being losing your wisdom teeth. From what you describe I do not believe that you have HIV. Your symptoms could be from Malaria. You should not be on HIV medication without knowing your status and under the care of a Health Care Provider. Getting tested is important for anyone to know their status and to make sure they not only take care of themselves but for their future partners. I would recommend you follow up with your Health Care Provider that treated you for the Malaria and speak to them about getting tested for HIV. Though I do not think your experience in the taxi put you at risk.

Be well and safe, Shannon

Previous
Help!
Next
Aids

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.