Anxiety about HIV

Dear doctor, Hello , I'm a 20 years old straight female. I've only had one partner in my life and we both got tested for HIV and the results were negative. Unfortunately, we broke up. That leads me to my problem, two weeks ago, I met a guy, two years younger than me and I gave him oral sex. The truth is, after about 20 seconds, I remembered what I was doing and that it could be risky so I gave up, so the oral sex lasted for about 20 seconds and there wasn't ejaculation. The thing is, since than, I can't stop thinking about HIV. I imagine my own funeral, I can't sleep, I can't eat. I'm aware of the thing that the he was straight and that he wasn't a drug user but I can't help myself. The only symptom I had is a pain in the liver and abdominal muscles.The fact I'm suffering from anxiety disorder doesn't help me. I'm tired all the time but I can't sleep, I can't eat. My exams are in a week and I can't study... Please, help me! Is there any chance of getting HIV? Do I need to do test?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Oral sex has been, and remains a low-risk activity. Even with ejaculation, the risk would have been low. You should not be concerned. I think the anxiety disorder is likely to blame for the persistent thoughts, and I would encourage you to seek treatment with a counselor or therapist. If you are already working with one, make sure they know that you have been experiencing these repetitive thoughts.

Bottom line: Your risk was low and there is no need to test. Be vigilant in making your mental health a priority.

In health,

Richard

About illegal kits ....
Alopecia Treatment and HIV test