PLEASE, I'm confused about condoms?

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions. Your answers have been very helpful. I am still confused about condoms and need clarification. Does condom failure exclusively mean that the condom broke? Can a condom fail but not break completely? Perhaps a tiny hole that does not lead to complete breakage? I recently had an encounter where the girl provided the condoms. I do not know what temperature the condoms where stored at or whether they had expired so naturally I am assuming the worst. However during vaginal intercourse, the condom did not break, slip and had no visible holes. Can I safely assume that I was protected or can condoms fail without breaking. Thank you very much!

Latex condoms are very very good at preventing HIV transmission. It takes a lot of HIV to cause infection so even if there is a tiny break in a condom the risk of infection is still really low if not nil. I would not worry about condom failure due to a hole. The most important type of condom failure is the failure to use one. DW

Azythromycin/ Hepatitis
HIV Negative