Azythromycin/ Hepatitis

I have never had a history of liver problems. Dec. 15th, I started a Z-pak for bronchitis, and finished it on the 19th. I missed my menstrual cycle for December, so January 4th went to my doctor. He ran a blood panel and the report came back as Hepatitis C. I have no symptoms whatsoever of Hepatitis C and I am scheduled to go back this coming week to the doctor. I think you are giving the wrong information about Azithromycin being as the FDA updated the warning label in february 2011 becuase of reported cases of hepatitis associated to this specific antibiotic. I have no doubt my hepatitis is a result of taking Zpak. DO MORE READING!! It also says in the report that people can have side effects for 30 days after completing a Zpak 5 day run. I would like to know how many other people have been diagnosed with any form of hepatitis after taking azythromycin?

I think there is some confusion here. Hepatitis is a term meaning inflammation of the liver. It can be due to infectious or non-infectious causes. For example, drugs can cause a hepatitis as can viruses like HCV and HBV. That your test showed evidence of HCV means that you can possibly be infected with that virus. Azithromycin does not cause HCV even if it can cause liver inflammation (drug related hepatitis).

Your doc should get an HCV viral load test of the blood. This looks for the HCV virus. If that is positive, you caught HCV some time in the past. DW

Transmission of hiv via needlestick
PLEASE, I'm confused about condoms?