is it possible fo a person tested negetive to infect a person with HIV
Jan 10, 2012
My brother and his wife went for a HIV test recently. My brother tested negetive and his wife tested positive. We all know that his wife has benn very loyal and my brother has not been loyal. Is it possible that my brother is carriying HIV but it cant be detected on his blood? please answer as I am soo confused.
Response from Dr. Wohl
A person who is tested HIV negative could not have infected their HIV positive partner.
HIV tests are very accurate but can be falsely positive in some cases. That is why we do confirmatory testing. They also do not tell you when the person was infected.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.