is it possible fo a person tested negetive to infect a person with HIV

My brother and his wife went for a HIV test recently. My brother tested negetive and his wife tested positive. We all know that his wife has benn very loyal and my brother has not been loyal. Is it possible that my brother is carriying HIV but it cant be detected on his blood? please answer as I am soo confused.

A person who is tested HIV negative could not have infected their HIV positive partner.

HIV tests are very accurate but can be falsely positive in some cases. That is why we do confirmatory testing. They also do not tell you when the person was infected.

ARS Timeline and Risk
HIV