HIV through Sex Toy?! Please Help!

Please Help! I have not been able to sleep, I even went to the E.R for anxiety but I don't want to say anything to anyone until I'm 100% sure that I should. I used someone else's vibrator anally and I'm not sure if it was infected with HIV. This sex toy was 100% not used in the last 4 hours, maybe even weeks! But you can never be sure. This toy was in a plastic grocery bag and in a drawer. Before I used it, I vaguely cleaned it once with hand sanitizer and then hot tap water and soap. (left it in the air for about 3 minutes) There was this substance that did not want to come off, but I still used the toy anyway after washing it. My questions are: -Even if I had not cleaned the toy whatsoever, what are my chances of receiving HIV percentage-wise? -Are there any cases of people who caught the virus after using a toy hours after someone else? Like I said, the toys were not used in the last 4 hours, maybe even days or weeks. When I used the toy, I feel I had a cut in my anus -So even though the virus was dead, did that cut increase my chances of getting the STI? -Many sites say that HIV can live only a few seconds out of the host, others say it can live for weeks! PLEASE HELP! I'm DESPERATE! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

You are at no risk of having acquired HIV from this event. The cleaning you did sounds actually quite thorough and there is no way there would be virus lurking on the toy anyway. So, no worries there.

To answer your hypotheticals, yes, sex toys can transmit HIV when used immediately, especially if fresh blood or semen is coating the toy and it is inserted into the vagina or anus. Even so, this seems to be a pretty rare way of transmitting HIV. DW

is it possible to be pos but test negative?
Scratched by a safety pin at punk show