How much Risky???...Not very safe sex..

Hi Dr Wohl... First of all i want to thank you for to read my question, and apologize (in advance) for my english !!!..sorry...i'm still learning.!!

I have a couple of questions, about one intercorse with a sexworker.. I always try to follow the safe sex guidelines...but i'm afraid of some circunstances that could put me in some risk...

All the intercourse (oral and vaginal sex)..was protected...(this happened about 11.00 pm)..but that day.in the morning (about 11.00 am,12 hours before the intercouse) i found some irritation, and peeled skin on my scrotum and penis. It was some itchy..so i was scratching a lot. By the way..i used a kleenex for to clean and there wasn't visible blood. I went to the doctor 2 days later,and he tolds me that it was a fungal infection, tinea..or something like that.

My concern is , that even when a wear a condom, the irritated scrotum was not covered..so i think that some vaginal fluids could come in contact with this not bleedig - irritated and peeled (a little bit pain) skin.

Also..i'm a nail bitter..and when i was cleaning my hands...i saw a little red dot in the kleenex ...and it was becasue in my middle finger, in the cuticles, ..i have a really tiny cut(causes by myself...maybe some minutes before)... and i'm afraid that vaginal fluids could come in contact with my hand at the time when i was removing the condom.

About 2 or 3 weeks i get scared..because i had some headaches ..neckaches..and some piples in my chest (like acne..and mosquito's bites.)..., and night sweats...but not fever..and very very mild cold.

I get HIV tested 38 days after exposure (5 and a half weeks)..Negative... it was a 3rd Generation Quimoiluminisencia Antibody test.

1)how much risky the situation was?? Until today...noone told me if it was a high or low risk...the HIV test was warranted??

2)Do you think that i have enough reasons to be worried??

3)The HIV test it's accurate at the 5 and a half weeks??

Thanks a lot for your time and our help..

Feliz 2012!! Tu amigo Mexicano!!

Hola. Some thoughts that may help relieve your anxiety: First, the risk of HIV transmission from a woman to a man is generally much lower than the other way around. Second, the skin problems you describe seem minor and unlikely to be a portal for HIV entry. Third, the HIV test at almost 6 weeks was negative. All together, this makes you uninfected. I would stop worrying. Gracias. DW

Virus in showers.
Re: Supposed low risk but worried sick!!!