Hpv and oral.

Hi this the second time I have asked this as my first question did not get answered. Really would appreciate if u could help me out. I am a 21 yr old male currently with HPV genital warts. I had unprotected oral sex with a transexual escort in which ther was a small amount of pre cum. I am worrying that I have contracted hiv as I have had many of the symptoms such as sore throat,thrush,sore muscles. Is it possible I have hiv?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Oral sex remains a low risk activity. It is extremely rare some say impossible to contract HIV from receiving oral sex. To my knowledge, there are no well-documented reported cases. It is very common after unsafe sexual exposures to be anxious and to attribute any and all physical symptoms to possible HIV infection.

Symptoms of sore throat and sore muscles such as you describe are common things that many healthy people experience during the normal course of their lives. These can be caused from normal colds or other respiratory viruses. However, other STDs like gonorrhea can cause an infection of the throat. That is a relatively common infection diagnosed in men who give oral sex. While often there are no symptoms, occasionally it can feel like a typical sore throat.

I recommend that all sexually active people get regular check-ups (every three to six months) for STDs including gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphilis. If you haven't been tested for HIV recently I would also suggest that but don't think you need to test urgently for this situation in particular.

Take Care,

LHW

Blood on hand/toilet paper
Supposed low risk but worried sick!!!