HIV Fear

Hi Doctor,

I had a brief encounter with a Prostitute in Europe and in Middle East a year back, I didnt have sex with them its only Close mouth kissing and Cullingness,Immediately 10 days later i had light fever of 37.5 C and Rashes on the Body like never before.. Do you think i might have been infected with HIV for Oral sex like Close mouth kissing and Performing Cullingness. Note there was No SEX on both the occasions ...

Hi, Thank you for your question and it gives me a chance to clarify a couple of myths regarding HIV. First, closed mouth kissing does not pose a risk for transmission at all. Secondly, oral sex is considered sex and does carry risk. It is the least risky of sexual behavior. Not knowing the status of the person you were with and having unprotected oral sex with her does pose a risk. My recommendation is that you get tested.

In kindness, Shannon

Please help me, i want your advice
HIV possible infection, Please Answer