HIV risk after first aid

Hi. I recently performed first aid on a drunk male at work. I have no idea if he was infected or a drug user. He had a serious head injury and there was a lot of blood. I used gloves to treat as soon as possible but before putting them on I mopped up some of the blood with wads of paper towels. I have a small non bleeding wound on my finger but saw no signs of blood on my hands at all. The only blood in contact with my skin was a small patch on my knee that seeped through my trousers where I see no visible cuts. I am worried now that if the guy had any infections I may be at risk. Please can you advise?

Hi From the scene you have described I believe there was no risk of HIV transmission. There wasn't a direct exchange of body fluid. You can get tested if you want reassurance and the standards for testing are rapid HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood are very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90.

Thank you for springing to action and helping him!!

Be well, Shannon

help dr. shanon help!!! is anxiety playing games on my body?
Please give me your opinion