help dr. shanon help!!! is anxiety playing games on my body?

hello dr. shannon, i had protected oral and protected vaginal sex with a sex worker. i don't really know the status of this person. after that day i've been very anxtious and stressed out. 3 weeks after, i got some kind of dizzy feeling that have not gone away, and 46 days after i'm feeling flu like symtons and my doctors told me i got a swollen tonsil. Is there a posibility that my anxiety is causing all of these symptons? is the 46 days still in the window period to get HIV related initial symptons? since i got protected sex, am i worrying too much? and finally should i get tested at 46 days?

Hi, Great job with having protected sex which decreases the likelihood of transmission. I'm sure the stress and anxiety is not helping the situation any. I do recommend that you get tested just to be sure and the standard for HIV testing, is for rapid HIV tests, whether oral swab or blood very accurate at 28 days, and conclusive at 90. Get tested now and at 90 days if both are negative than you are negative from the experience.

Be well, Shannon

Please help, i may die out
HIV risk after first aid