how long can i live?

hello shannon, i am infected approx 2 months ago and diagnosed positive recently. please speak the truth dear shannon. how long can i live? i cant explain how am i feeling now. as if i am in a dark box, isolated and rejected by everybody, cant say my condition to anybody except u...sometimes i am thinking its better to terminate this life myself... but cant...when i see my helpless parents who know nothing and hopes so much from me...i am their only child...dont know what to do, if there is any medicine there to keep me alive ......can u help anyway shannon?

Hello, The good news is we have so many medications available that there really is life after diagnosis. The first year for me was the hardest. I felt much like you are feeling. I'm entering into my 20th year of living with HIV. I'm on medication, have a great Health Care Provider and just recently celebrated my one year anniversary of being married to my husband who is HIV negative! It's important to find someone to share your status with, a good friend, your parents, another relative. Having support is essential in your well being. Not everyone in your life needs to know (you do need to tell possible sexual partners). If you want to share with me where you live I can help you find AIDS service organizations as well as a Health Care Provider. Getting into care and treatment as soon as you can is important to getting your HIV under control and help with finding the support that you need.

Be well, Shannon

False HIV Negative?
Please help, i may die out