Gum Bleeding and Hands

Dear Richard,

Two Weeks ago,,, I have a safe sex(with condom) with a girl. Two parts I am now still very worried.

Firstly, I put my finger into her vagina. Then, if I am incautious to touch my penis (especially the head of penis) by my fingers, at that moment, I still not wear the condom for my penis. In this case, am I infected?

Secondly, I wet kiss (use tongue) with her. If at that moment, the girl¡s gum was bleeding, while my gum was also bleeding. Am I infected by her tooth blood?

If her gum is not bleeding, but my gum is bleeding. Am I infected by her saliva?

Since I have the behavior of gum bleeding,,, perhaps I am not enough vitamin C.

May I need to take the Hiv Test?

Thank you very much and I am looking for your reply

Really Very Worry

From Worry Man

Response from Mr. Cordova

Dear Richard,

HIV does not live well outside of the body. Even with HIV infected vaginal secretions on your fingers, the risk of transmission would be fairly low. In regards to kissing, even if both of your gums were bleeding, the risk would be low. It would be possible, but not probable.

Saliva cannot transmit the virus and actually helps deactivate the virus, leaving unable to infect someone. There are only four fluids that can transmit the virus. They are blood, semen, vaginal secretions, and breast milk.

I am unsure why your gums are bleeding. I would suggest a trip to your dentist to identify the cause.

A test is not warranted for this incident in particular. I recommend a bi-annual HIV test for all sexually active individuals. If it has been more than six months, then a test would be a good idea!

In health,

Richard

HIV risk after brief anal left some facts out last time
False HIV Negative?