Dr. help for a situation of risk

Hello Dr. I hope help me 4 weeks ago I had a risk with a prostitute which I performed unprotected oral sex then I do vaginal sex with condom thing is that 2 weeks ago gave me an acute pharyngitis with a duration of 4 days (treated with antibiotics) the day after I got sick with diarrhea sore throat to this day alrdedor of 9 days. These are symptoms of an HIV primary infection. PLEASE HELP.

thanks in advance ....

Andy...

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi, Andy:

Yes, a sore throat and diarrhea would be considered symptoms associated with ARS. However, when looking at the entire situation, the question that has to be asked is - was there a high risk incident that occurred?

The answer to that question is no.

Oral sex has been, and remains a low-risk activity, and your condom use during vaginal sex effectively protected you against HIV. My personal opinion is that you do not need to be concerned about this situation as a risk for HIV. There would however be a risk for diseases transmitted via skin-to-skin contact, such as Syphilis. A full STD panel at the 90 day mark will give you both the reassurance you are looking for and an accurate answer for Syphilis.

Bottom line: If these symptoms persist, you should see a doctor to rule out other possible causes besides HIV.

In health,

Richard

Help SYPHILIS WORRY ! Can it be possible to contract from UNCLEAN MASTURBATING!!?
HIV risk after brief anal left some facts out last time