Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help SYPHILIS WORRY ! Can it be possible to contract from UNCLEAN MASTURBATING!!?
Jan 6, 2012

Hi doctor I've been worried for months , so a few months ago I used and object to masturbate I re used it and FORGOT TO WASH IT?! I used it again and again Can I get Syphilis this way?? Is it possible for it to be infected with the virus if I let it sit there for hours or days ? If not what would it be infected with ? What bacterial infection could I get ? Please list. So is it possible for Syphilis to infect my object from treponema palladium floating in the air ? ( what bacteria would I infect myself with if not Syphilis ? I've also masturbated on my periods) I masturbated when not on my period and didn't wash it after ( I know I was an idiot ) so bassically what im worried about is if the object i used tht was siting my draw grew the syphilis bacteruim on it and then I gave It too myself by not washing it and re using it over and over is that possible?! btw no one else used this besides me, thank you :) p.s I'm 14 it's really difficult to explain to my mum

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You cannot catch Syphilis this way. Syphilis is spread from person to person contact. You could however experience a case of Bacterial Vaginitis. Using an unclean object to masturbate could introduce "bad" bacteria into the vagina that could cause the "good" bacteria in your vagina to become out of balance.

Going forward, be sure any objects you use to masturbate have been washed thoroughly. As for your mom, it's likely that she was doing the same things that you are when she was your age. While it may be an awkward conversation to start, you may find that she has a lot of information to share with you. I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Hiv/Aids from a dog bite
Next
Dr. help for a situation of risk

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.