Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hi shannon,can i find a poz girl for marriage?
Jan 4, 2012

hi, recently i advised my seronegative girlfriend to go away from my life after i tested positive. we were about to marry. i told her to find a healthy person to marry not putting herself at risk with me. she agreed, i hope. problem is now with my life. diagnosis of HIV is not a matter of joke. Even if it is now a chronic manageable disease like diabetes, it raises 4 problems in a person's life: 1. physical, 2. psychological, 3. social and 4. economical. where there is no social and not so much economical question with diabetes. i am in fear of being isolated and stigmatized and i really dont have any idea of any website or organisation that helps a positive boy to find a positive girl to marry. if you can solve the issue, i would feel grateful. best wishes.

Response from Ms. Southall

Thanks for the question. It is possible to find someone to fall in love with and spend your life with who either has HIV or not. My husband is HIV negative. Having HIV is not a joke and it does impact many aspects of your life, but you have control over that. There are several web sites for positive dating, but I would talk to your girlfriend and find out how she feels about staying with you. Maybe once she is aware of the situation and knows how she can and cannot get HIV she may surprise you and want to be with you. You may also do a search for local AIDS service organizations or speak to your Health Care Provider about agencies in your area that serve people living with HIV and get in touch with them and see what programs they have to offer. My greatest advice to you is there is life after diagnosis it is just figuring it out and to move forward in a healthy manner. This can be looked at like a reset button and you can take stock of your life and what's important to you and how you choose to move forward. I hope this helps. Be well, Shannon

Previous
Please Answer I need your advice
Next
Hello shannon

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.