BROKEN CONDOM

Hello Doctor , I am worry about my partner (HIV -) My VL is undetectable and cd4 700+ but last weekend we had anal sex and the condom was broken , I told him that he need to get test it , I am very worry about the situation , I do not want to infect anybody !!! Please help!

Hi Recently there have been studies released that show that in magnetic partners (one being HIV positive and the other negative)if the positive partner is on antiretroviral medications has an undetectable viral load and no other STI's (Sexually Transmitted Infections) present than the likelihood of HIV transmission is small. I would recommend that your partner be tested for peace of mind for you and him. One other area to work on is with condoms, generally a condom breaks because it was not put on correctly. Make sure that you are using lube and periodically check to make sure there is room at the tip of the condom for ejaculate. Another area you may want to talk to your Health Care Provider about is called PrEP/PEP Pre exposure prophylaxis and post exposure. Putting your partner on medication to prevent transmission. They both should be start 72 hours before or after exposure. You may want to have a plan in place in case this situation occurs again in the future.

In kindness, Shannon

please HELP ME (HIV TRANSMISION )Masturbating on period and not washing it the next time u use t? HIV TRANSMISION? Possible?
confusion