A New Year I need your help to stop worrying!

Hello. I had a vaginal sexual encounter in March, 2010. I'm fairly certain a condom was used, however I was under the influence and can't recall for sure. I am not aware of the individual's HIV status. I went to the local Planned Parenthood and had all tests done August 2010 (5 months post incident)--- everything came back negative including the HIV blood test (EIA). I then had an Oraquick (gum sweep) performed in December, 2010 (9 months post) and March, 2011 (1 year later). All tests have come back NEGATIVE again, however I am still worried! Can I move on with my life and be sure they are conclusive? I have been told not to keep worrying but I worry myself sick. I have not noticed any other symptoms- EXCEPT for maybe swollen neck lymph nodes and a white tongue here and there. I had flu like symptoms at 12 months and thats why I got tested. I had the flu recently as well. Please send me your advice.. very desperate to know if I need more testing!!!!! Are both the EIA and Oraquick reliable?!?! Do I need additional testing as I am unsure of the individuals HIV status? I drank water before the Oraquick gum sweep, would this effect the results? I appreciate all that you do and I am really looking for some honest advice and want to start the new year off with no worries!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You can get an accurate test at the 90 day mark. Your five month test was well outside of that window. Both tests are reliable. Drinking water before the oral test would not have affected the results of the test. You are negative from this incident.

If this anxiety continues, I would suggest that you consider speaking with a therapist, counselor, or even a trusted friend. They can help you work through the anxiety.

In health,

Richard

Windows periods for other STDs besides syphilis
Please Answer I need your advice